- Category: Products
Awaken gently with a sunrise and bird song alarm clock.
Electric Dawn is a sunrise and bird song alarm clock that awakens you gently from deep sleep before sounding a regular alarm.
A Natural Alarm Clock
Rather than being jolted out of sleep, the gentle sunrise and bird song will gradually ease you out of deep sleep before the regular alarm indicates it's time to get up.
- Set alarm time.
- Set repeat option based on Day of Week.
- Set sunrise time prior to alarm time (0 to 15 minutes).
- Sunrise effect.
- Select an audio track to fade in during the sunrise.
- Select an audio track, or use the default alarm sound for the regular alarm.
- Sort tracks by title, album or artist.
- Enable/disable vibrate on alarm.
- High quality Nature Sounds are included. Each sound is recorded using professional audio equipment and runs for at least 1 minute before looping:
- Summer birds singing a dawn chorus.
- Beach with rolling sea, lapping waves and seagulls calling.
- Tropical rainforest with birds, crickets and other exotic sounds.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why does the shortcut on the homescreen keep disappearing?
A: This seems to affect most of the Android versions. Apps that are installed on the SD Card aren't scanned before the homescreen loads so when you restart your phone, it's possible that the shortcuts you have created will disappear. If you have sufficient internal phone memory you can try moving the App to phone storage rather than SD Card storage.
Q: How can I make the sunrise brighter?
A: The brightness is heavily dependent on your Android device, the size of the screen and how dark the room is. However, there are two ways to give the best result. In the settings screen make sure that the "Maximum Brightness" option is selected, and also try changing the "Sunrise Colour" to white. In the future, hopefully Android devices will provide better access to the camera flash hardware for a really bright sunrise.
What to do if Electric Dawn doesn't work properly
We want you to be happy with Electric Dawn and to wake up feeling refreshed and ready to face a new day. Sadly, sometimes this doesn't happen. Due to the wide variety of phones, tablets and versions of Android running on them, problems may occur that our extensive testing didn't find. If this happens then please do get in touch and we'll do our utmost to resolve the probelm quickly, or offer a full refund if we are unable to fix it reasonably quickly.
It would really help us if you could provide an explanation of what went wrong, and also the device model, Android version and Electric Dawn settings you were using.
If you have the time, you can also install a free app called SendLog to capture the logs just after Electric Dawn fails to work correctly and email us this. With the log file we should be able to pinpoint the problem very quickly and provide a solution and new release for you.
When you buy Electric Dawn you have the opportunity to suggest improvements that you'd like to see introduced, and all of this is included in the original price. Some example improvements are:
- Darker button on the sunrise screen to give a darker starting screen.
- Days of the week option so you could just have the alarm enabled for weekdays for example.
- Increasing robustness due to interesting issues with Android WakeLocks.
- Alarm Sound Fade option added to preferences screen.
- New sunrise nature sounds.
- Fixes to issues with Motorola Xoom tablets.
Currently in progress
- Nature sounds to be selectable for the alarm sound.
- Preference for looping/play-once alarm and sunrise sounds.
In the queue
- Additional nature sound packages for the Sunrise Sound.
- Sunrise Light - Dawn Colours option.
- Multiple named alarms.
- Open to suggestions.
- Use of the camera flash to provide a sunrise effect. (Not currently possible to fade)